When searching for your ideal non-invasive treatment to target wrinkles and accentuate your natural beauty, you have more options than you think. Although Botox often has better name recognition for injectable treatments, Xeomin is another excellent and effective option. For a more youthful appearance, both Xeomin and Botox offer great benefits, and it is a good idea to compare your options before deciding on your treatment.
At Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa in Gilbert, Arizona, we are dedicated to highlighting your natural features and reviving your confidence. Our dedication starts with ensuring you have the correct information about your options. This guide will help you decide which treatment is better for you when weighing Xeomin vs. Botox – but an in person consultation with a qualified provider such as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner will give the best answer on which one would be better for you!
What Is Xeomin?
Xeomin is an injectable neuromuscular blocker used for cosmetic treatments. Put more simply, it helps to temporarily relax muscles in your face or other areas of the body to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or lines. Many people use Xeomin to target the glabellar lines that form between the eyebrows from squinting and frowning.
Xeomin was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2010 and has been used in cosmetic treatments since. The Xeomin formula is made from botulinum toxin A, a safe and approved neurotoxin when used in small doses. This formula is simple and has no unneeded additives, giving it a reputation as a “naked injectable”.
The benefits of a Xeomin treatment include:
- Fewer wrinkles
- Younger-looking skin
- A smoother complexion
- Delayed signs of aging
What Is Botox?
If you are considering a Xeomin treatment, you have probably heard of Botox. Like Xeomin, Botox is made from botulinum toxin A. Botox also contains other accessory proteins in its formula.
Botox is a popular treatment for targeting wrinkles, smoothing the skin, and even providing relief for migraines, Hyperhidrosis and TMJ. Like Xeomin, Botox is injected mainly in the face to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, including areas like:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines
- Chin wrinkles
- Neck wrinkles
What Is the Difference Between Botox and Xeomin?
Many people believe that Xeomin is a cheaper or lower-quality version of Botox, but that is simply not true. Both are effective treatments for supporting a younger-looking appearance. Here are a few of the key distinctions to make regarding the differences between Botox and Xeomin:
- Formula – Botox and Xeomin both contain botulinum toxin A, but Xeomin is made from a purified form of the toxin and a simpler formula. Meanwhile, Botox contains this toxin as well as other additional proteins and additives.
- Treatment areas – Both Botox and Xeomin can be used for multiple areas on the face, including around the lips, eyebrows, jawline, and forehead. Although, Xeomin is used more frequently for the glabellar lines by the eyebrows.
- Resistance – Xeomin has slightly fewer ingredients than Botox, which means that it can interact differently with the body. If you have built a resistance to Botox or Dysport in the past, Xeomin may be the solution you are looking for!
When To Choose Xeomin vs. Botox
Both Xeomin and Botox are great for supporting a more youthful appearance, but there are times when you may prefer one more than the other. Deciding between using one or the other is often a personal choice based on your skin type, preferences, and treatment expectations.
You might consider choosing Xeomin if you have:
- A resistance to Botox – Over time, some people may develop a resistance to Botox and its ingredients, reducing its effectiveness. Since it is a purified form of the toxin, Xeomin may be the better option for these clients.
- An allergy – Even worse than developing a resistance, some people are allergic to one or some of the ingredients in Botox. Because there are no accessory proteins and fewer additives in Xeomin, your body has fewer ingredients to react to.
- Frown lines – Xeomin is particularly effective at targeting the frown lines between your eyebrows. Xeomin is often a good choice if your main cosmetic concern is the lines between your eyebrows.
Of course, everyone is different, so the best way to determine which formula is best for you is to discuss it with your provider. Our skilled and qualified practitioners at Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa are happy to discuss your options with you so that you get the best results out of your cosmetic treatment.
Xeomin vs. Botox: Which Is Better?
Ultimately, the decision between whether Xeomin or Botox is better for you depends on your body and your preferences. Still, you should have all the necessary information so you can make the right choice for you. When deciding which is better, consider these three key questions.
Which Is Safer?
Both Botox and Xeomin are safe treatment options for supporting a more youthful appearance. Although Botox has been around longer, both Botox and Xeomin are safe options. Still, some people prefer to choose Botox simply because it has been around longer and is more well-known. Realistically, though, you can’t go wrong with either option.
How Many Units for Each?
Generally, both Xeomin and Botox use the same amount of units to complete a treatment. However, the exact number of necessary units will depend on the target area and your treatment goals. Your provider at Colair will offer their guidance and insight on how many units you may need for your ideal results. After all, everyone’s skin is different.
Which Lasts Longer?
The results of both Botox and Xeomin last around the same amount of time. Results will last about three to four months. However, the key difference in timelines is that you may begin to see results from one or the other more quickly.
What To Expect from a Xeomin Treatment
For an effective Xeomin treatment, start by choosing a qualified team of providers, like our team at Colair. Working with qualified professionals ensures you the best results and provides you comfort and transparency from the start.
Once you arrive at our office, you can expect a quick and smooth process:
- Your provider will begin injecting Xeomin into the target areas. The injections will feel like a light pinch or poke.
- The treatment will only take about 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how many areas you want to receive injections.
- You can proceed with your day as normal. Just avoid lying down or intense physical activity for about six hours.
- Allow five to 10 days to see results.
The results of Xeomin will last about three to four months, depending on the person. After this period, you may be interested in a follow-up treatment to prolong the results.
Xeomin is a safe treatment, but there are potential side effects for any injectable. Some of the possible side effects include:
- Drooping around the eye
- Rare allergic reactions
On the bright side, each of these side effects is temporary, and the skilled providers here at Colair can help you minimize and manage any potential side effects.
Rediscover Your Youthful Appearance at Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa
Both Xeomin and Botox offer similar benefits, providing you with two great options in your search for a cosmetic treatment. Choosing one over the other comes down to personal preference and what your provider recommends based on your individual concerns. If you have questions about which is the better option for you, our experienced providers at Colair are happy to discuss them and provide some guidance.
No matter which treatment you prefer, our skilled practitioners will ensure a safe and effective treatment. Come visit us at Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa in Gilbert, Arizona to see the benefits of a Xeomin treatment for yourself. Contact us online or call (480) 923-6138 to schedule an appointment.