At Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa we’re big fans of dermal fillers. They help reduce wrinkles and create smoother, more youthful-looking skin, but how long do they last?
Like any other cosmetic treatment, your results are unique. Some dermal fillers can last for several months, while others can last for a couple of years. All dermal fillers will eventually dissolve into your skin tissue. However, the longevity of your treatment can vary depending on which dermal fillers you use and a few other factors.
Why Do Dermal Fillers Contain Hyaluronic Acid?
The most trusted dermal fillers on the market are formulated with hyaluronic acid, a natural compound that helps stimulate collagen and elastin production. Hyaluronic acid is also a common skincare ingredient touted for its skin-plumping and hydrating properties.
How Long do Dermal Fillers Last?
Dermal fillers last between 6 months and two years, depending on the brand. You can also prolong your results with touch-ups and maintenance in between.
Here’s a breakdown of the different brands of fillers we use here at Colair Beauty Lounge & Med Spa and how long they typically last.
- Juvederm Voluma: 2 years with yearly touch-up
- Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus: 1 year with 9-month touch-up
- Juvederm Vollure: 1 to 1.5 years
- Juvederm Volbella: 1 year
- Radiesse (calcium based): 1+ year
- Restylane Defyne, Refyne, and Lyft: 1 year with 9-month touch-up
- Restylane Silk: 6 – 10 months
- Restylane-L: 5 – 7 months
- Revanesse Versa: 1 year with 6-month touch-up
Please keep in mind these numbers can vary from person to person. You’re unique. We work with you to create a personalized beauty plan that aligns with your aesthetic goals.
What Can Affect the Longevity of My Dermal Filler?
Aside from the brand, a few other things can impact how long dermal fillers last. For example, where the filler is placed on your face, how much filler is injected, and how fast your body metabolizes the filler material will play a role in the lifespan of your treatment.
How to Make Fillers Last Longer
- Minimize UV exposure: Help maintain your results after any skincare treatment by wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 45 or higher whenever you go outside during daylight.
- Good skin care routine: Help maintain the results of your cosmetic fillers by keeping your skin healthy and moisturized. Keeping your skin hydrated can enhance the effect of hyaluronic acid fillers. Invest in products that are made to work with your specific type of fillers.
- Regular treatment maintenance: Touch-up filler treatments can also help you sustain your results for much longer. When do you need to come in for a touch-up? It depends, but the general rule of thumb is that you should come in around the middle of the typical duration of the filler or once you start to notice decreased volume.
- Avoid stress: We know this can be easier said than done, but stress accelerates the aging process. Minimizing your stress levels can help prolong the lifespan of your injectable treatment.